My husband’s birthday is March 1st and he loves peanut butter, so it makes sense to me that March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day! I usually get him a peanut butter and chocolate ice cream cake for his birthday, but he’s become quite the chilehead over the past couple of years as he’s moved up in the hot sauce ranks, so I wanted to go with something spicier this year. Ass Kickin’ makes a Habanero Peanut Butter, so I’m going with this recipe for peanut butter cookies with a kick.
Peanut Butt-Kicker Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Ass Kickin’ Habanero Peanut Butter
- 1 egg
- 18 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, peanut butter, and egg.
- Shape into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. (If the dough is too sticky, refrigerate 1/2 hour or until easy to handle.)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, and press a chocolate kiss into the center of each warm cookie.
My husband and I both like hot sauce, but I wasn’t sure how well Habanero would parlay into peanut butter. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! It doesn’t taste like “peanut butter mixed with hot sauce” like I was afraid of. The cookies came out keeping that traditional sweet and salty flavor, but with a nice little mouth tingle at the end. I highly recommend that you give this recipe a try.